Welcome to our world
We help London’s greatest teams work better by eating together. We believe that good food makes a great company – sharing a meal creates an environment where better communication, productivity and health are nourished.
After three years, we are delivering thousands of meals every day across London to some of the world’s most iconic brands – Google, Facebook, Spotify and Buzzfeed, amongst many others. We’re working with a world of kitchens, over 250 of the best independent chefs, street vendors, specialist caterers, restaurants and supper clubs in London.
We are currently a team of 30, working from an achingly cool open-plan office next to Spitalfields market. You’ll be joining at the most exciting stage of our journey so far, as we solidify our position as Europe’s largest B2B food delivery platform.
This is a new position dedicated to supporting our vendors from a catering perspective. Taking ownership of a new channel of communication for City Pantry, you will be familiar with our vendors' needs, concerns and limitations, addressing them with empathy and clarity. You will analyse data patterns to see and stop problems before they happen, quickly and courteously resolving anything that slips through. This is a unique opportunity to bridge the communication gap between the world of catering and start-up technologies, smoothing processes in both directions to cultivate a happy, efficient and productive experience for our vendors and City Pantry as a whole.
Working with us as our Vendor Experience Manager, you will:
- Monitor, report on and improve the operational performance of our vendors.
- Analyse data to anticipate vendor problems at their roots, recognising symptoms and acting swiftly to cure them.
- Listen to vendors' concerns and solve them with empathy, recognising the disparate needs of catering establishments and City Pantry as a business.
- Work collaboratively with various City Pantry stakeholders to analyse problems, develop, test & implement solutions and improve the cross-functional empathy between vendors and the business.
Here’s what you can expect from us. We practice what we preach and eat together three days a week – of course – but there’s a lot more besides:
- Competitive compensation package
- Equity on offer
- Unlimited holiday
- Regular lunches from one of our amazing vendors
- Annual £2k education allowance to continue learning
- A great office minutes away from Shoreditch High Street
- Fun, friendly and collaborative team
We do what we say we will. Here's what we'll need from you:
- An analytical degree from a top university.
- Ideally 3-4 years of operations management experience in a catering and/or culinary context.
- Experience with operational change and project management.
- Flawless communication skills, with the nuance and empathy required to address different stakeholders appropriately.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills (you love Excel and Pivot tables; SQL is a plus).
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail.
- A driven and confident personality with a cool head in a crisis.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to get your hands dirty.
- The ability to act on intuition and instinct in conjunction with analysis and patterns.
The company culture you want, delivered.
Cultivating company culture is challenging – CEOs tell us that creating an environment to attract talent and retain them for the longhaul is their biggest challenge. It keeps them up at night.
Many of the world's best teams solve this with perks. Yoga classes, drinks after work and team socials are good; they make for happy employees who in turn work better.
But they're not for everyone.
Food is universal. Everybody eats, teams need nourishing, and all the benefits of other perks come with it. As well as a few more, like increased productivity, healthier employees, and closer teams. Even a substantial ROI.
That's what we do. We cultivate the culture that every CEO dreams about, through food.
Eat together | Work better