Welcome to our world.
We help London’s greatest teams work better by eating together. We believe that good food makes a great company – sharing a meal creates an environment where better communication, productivity and health are nourished.
After three years, we are delivering thousands of meals every day across London to some of the world’s most iconic brands – Google, Facebook, Spotify and Buzzfeed, amongst many others. We’re working with a world of kitchens, over 250 of the best independent chefs, street vendors, specialist caterers, restaurants and supper clubs in London.
We are currently a team of 30, working from an achingly cool open-plan office next to Spitalfields market. You’ll be joining at the most exciting stage of our journey so far, as we solidify our position as Europe’s largest B2B food delivery platform. We’re a friendly group, passionate about our work and serious about creating a great customer experience through awesome food, cutting-edge tech and best-in-class service. We have a fantastic work environment that enthusiastically encourages creativity, risk-taking, growth and autonomy. You will be a great fit if you love to get stuck in, learn new things at speed and get a kick out of making things better.
This is a new position dedicated to engaging and retaining our most prestigious clients. Taking ownership of a new level of service for City Pantry, you will be an ambassador for our mission, shaping our high-end offering from its inception. Your personal development will be in step with the growth of the team, guided by your ownership of the role and the service it entails. You will be making incremental changes to a transformative service, striving for perfection and efficiency in the creation, management and development of a new direction in the City Pantry experience.
- Working with us as our Hospitality Lead, you will:
- Hire qualified, motivated team members according to our remit
- Organise and coordinate service operations to maximise efficiency and quality
- Supervise and evaluate staff on a regular basis
- Ensure that all supplies and equipment required are available and functional
- Handle customer complaints with empathy and discretion
- Take responsibility for budgets and monitor expenses accordingly
- Enforce regulations and quality standards across the board
- Relentlessly improve our service standards
Here's what you can expect from us. We practice what we preach and eat together three times a week – of course – but there's a lot more besides:
- Flexible working hours and holiday
- Annual education allowance to continue learning
- Weekly office yoga
- “Gin and learn” Fridays
- We do what we say we will. Here's what we'll need from you:
- High-quality, demonstrable management experience in hospitality
- Extensive, hands-on experience in customer service and sales
- An innate, up-to-date understanding of hospitality procedures and best practices
- A thorough working knowledge of quality standards, including ISO
- Flawless organisational and leadership skills
- A driven, confident personality that thrives on self-motivation
- A cool, approachable head in a crisis
- A flexible, agile mentality that is most effective in a constantly changing environment
- Demonstrable proficiency in MS Office
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving aptitude and the willingness to go above and beyond for customers and the team
The company culture you want, delivered.
Cultivating company culture is challenging – CEOs tell us that creating an environment to attract talent and retain them for the longhaul is their biggest challenge. It keeps them up at night.
Many of the world's best teams solve this with perks. Yoga classes, drinks after work and team socials are good; they make for happy employees who in turn work better.
But they're not for everyone.
Food is universal. Everybody eats, teams need nourishing, and all the benefits of other perks come with it. As well as a few more, like increased productivity, healthier employees, and closer teams. Even a substantial ROI.
That's what we do. We cultivate the culture that every CEO dreams about, through food.
Eat together | Work better